Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Cornered Cat


I forget every time!!
1st trimester: excitement of having a new life inside me!
2nd trimester: waking up from the nausea and "brain fog"
3rd trimester: the cornered cat

I dunno what it is, but I end up enjoying my isolation! No, not self-pity.
Isolation: being far away from furtive eyes and uninvited opinions.
I say cornered cat because I seem to strike with claws first-ask questions of intent later. Though I don't mean to offend anyone, I know that I don't have to put up with being cornered with the why's and wherefore's of our life.
I get a bit upset at having to explain that we are a different couple, a different family, a different life with different morals and convictions. I tend to pray alot for others and learn to completely forgive at this time.

Having trusted others for information or support, and like any human, having that information hurt us more than help us, I like to just go to my corner and talk to the Lord more than anyone else (except my dh=my best friend!) I have no obligations to anyone else and trying to do as others suggest is not how God made me for my husband!

So, that's my outlook on the Cornered Cat. Ok, that's pretty much my outlook in all areas, but I'm a bit more opinionated when expecting & I just say it as it is.

4 comments:

BellaMama said...

You're just a bunch of chickens!

Watch out, I might jump out of the computer & get you!

bunches of yarn said...

Hi Bellamama:
I should first say, hmmmmm!
Nice kitty picture. Hope you don't actually look like that!

I sort of remember the having to explain stuff I did not want to explain, to peering and meddling folks--had a conversation like that last night, totally different subject and situation--but, hey! be of good cheer, this too, shall pass. One wise old fellow used to say: "and it came to pass, not to stay"
^__^

Jules said...

Hi Bellamama, I have 5 sons and when expecting my 4th and 5th children complete strangers would come up to me and say something like, "I know what you're trying for." I would smile and say nothing but inside I'd be thinking, "Well no, you don't. We believe children are a gift from the Lord and if He chooses to give us all sons who are we to argue?"

I love your terminology - never thought of it like that before.

Blessings, Jules

BellaMama said...

I've tired of the rude comments of, "you're done, right?!" I enjoy each of the children we've been blessed with and I truly don't know if God had said that's all, I don't think so, because I still so very strongly desire more.
It had only been difficult when I didn't take care of myself. (yes, past...it gets easier every day) I've had many a sleepless night and I never considered that bad.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor. 12:9

I have grown closer to the Lord through my little troubles and have learned to repent of complaining & just go to Him!
Thanks for your comments...they are always a blessing to me!