Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Review and Thoughts

I will be adding my birth stories as soon as I find them. I already see that there is a bit of information missing from the one I posted. We'll see what will be pertinent to add. As far as no urge to push, Running to the Cross, I found that there is where I have no problem, so the only thing I can think it might be is your position. Letting gravity help you by standing or walking would benefit. Possibly deep squats. Also you might be a bit dehydrated by that time. If you have someone helping, then they can remember for you to have diluted juice, more herb tea or just plain water with a little salt. Only sea salt or "Real Salt" to replenish minerals.

I read an article about 6 years ago called "Waiting to Push". It said that women who didn't push were more relaxed and baby was also. I am reminded of the verse that encourages me,

"By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee." Psalm 71:6

1 comment:

runningtothecross said...

Thanks!

I think my biggest problem last time was the fact that the midwife was substituting for my normal midwife...she was nervous. I had a birth stool to use, but she didn't feel comfortable with it (I think she thought that the baby might come too fast). Three other times have been with a doctor and they wanted me to push because I was complete and of course, they had me hooked up to an IV which made it nearly impossible to move around.

This time I am going to do more standing, squatting and walking and I also plan to use my exercise ball to open my pelvis.

Thankfully, with my last birth (#6) my baby was relaxed and I was too, I just couldn't figure out why I had no urge to push. However, I did a lot of sitting because with every contraction I was gushing water, that may have been my problem.

Thanks and Blessings!
Heather