Thursday, October 11, 2007

Herbs

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart."

Psalms 104:14-15




I find this verse to be as calming as chamomile or lavender; as sweet as basil and as "fiery" as garlic. I finished a batch of whole wheat (with millet and flax and oats) bread today and have been looking at teas (herbal) for my malady. I have varicose veins that are, shall we say, bad. I seem to re-look up herb safety for my different situations:


1. regular me


2. pregnant me


3. nursing


4. pregnant and nursing


I like to read many, many opinions and facts. After I've gathered my information, then I factor in my own body and its needs and come to a conclusion. I need to take/drink many herbs for my health. I am seeing the benefits of a good milk supply (fennel, oat straw, red clover in particular) and the benefits of iron rich nettle. Calming effects of chamomile and lavender and the stomach-soothing effects of ginger.

Right now I am looking (for my veins) into Horse Chestnut and Butcher's Broom. I have such wonderful results with teas, moreso than with supplements. I guess I'm just looking for the tea to take away my veins, LOL. I have been exercising (need to walk more), eating right, taking supplements, drinking teas (always need more) and therefore have been a more peaceful mama.

Basically, I wanted to share this link I found (in my list, but hidden in the strange way I outline). It has a mountain of information under "Tri-Light Pregnancy Formula Guide". It has information on herbs appropriate for 1. Infertility 2.Early Miscarriage 3.Labor 4. After Labor "things" 5.Nursing and that's just to name a few!!


I hope this helps someone and let me know, too!! I just love comments!! :)

No comments: